Logos Academy Debate Team 2010

Logos Academy Debate Team 2010

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Code of the Debater

IDGE HANDBOOK

I am a debater.  
I will research my topic so that
I may know what I am talking about.
I will respect the subject matter of my debates.
I will choose persuasion over coercion and violence.
                                                               
   I will be a generous winner
  and a gracious loser.
I will remember where I came from,
  and I will apply my criticism
   of others to myself

In a debate, I will use the
best arguments I can
to support the side I am on.
I will seriously consider
the opponent’s views.
In life I will use the best arguments I can
to determine which side I am on.
I will respect other’s rights to freedom of expression,
even though we may disagree.
I will respect my opponents, partners,coach(es),judges,
and tournament officials.
I will be honest about my arguments and my evidence.
I will help those with less experience,
because I am both student and teacher.
I will be an advocate in life,
siding with those in need
and willing to speak truth to power.

No comments: